The truth is, there is nothing nicer than seeing beautiful clear glowing skin, and nothing worse than seeing bad skin piled up with huge amounts of makeup to cover it.
But, sadly, this is sometimes inevitable, and I have been there myself in my younger years, even using theatrical makeup to cover the teenage blemishes that haunt us through those younger years.
So what is the answer??
Skin care routine... skin care routine.... skin care routine... Oh and lots of water and veggies of course!! Sorry, but these are essential guys :-0
It doesn’t matter whether you wear makeup or not, if your skin looks better, then you feel better, and if you wear makeup, then the makeup will look SOOOO much better if your skin is healthier. If you are a BRIDE TO BE, then you will certainly want your skin to glow through your makeup on your special day!
So my tips for a clearer skin and a much nicer makeup finish are as follows:-
1) Skin care takes time, time to carry out, and time to heal and rebalance, don’t expect results over night...
2) Skin and hair have a pH of 4.5 to 5.5, and a lot of products we use can be too alkaline or too acidic. Using a product that is too astringent, although it clears the oil can cause the skin to have the counteraction of producing more oils to compensate the stripping of the skin.
3) Try and use products that balance the skins pH. This can take a few weeks,, but the results are worth it.
4) CLEANSE - properly with non soap products, TONE to cool and close the pores, SERUM to boost natural moisture, MOISTURISER to deep condition the skin.
5) Exfoliate once a week with a gently face scrub or exfoliant, and try a moisturising mask, and some strawberries ;-), once in a while to give your skin a boost.
5) Never sleep in your makeup!
6) Drink plenty of water, and eat your veggies!
Brides, you need to start this a few months before your big day to really clear your skin out and GET THE GLOW!
Need more tips? Just ask....
Photographer : NEJ Photography
Model: Flavia Fazenda
Makeup : Makeup Locker
@nejphotography @jolleyphotographer @flaviafazenda @Makeuplocker
#nejphotography #jolleyphotographer #flaviafazenda #Makeuplocker
#bridetobe #bridalmakeup #bride #weddings #skincare #glow